Начало статьи
Reece Weaver is ready to roll her stockings down, cheat on her husband and kill her lover — but don’t ask her to take the Lord’s name in vain.
Weaver, a breakout star on “America’s Sweethearts,” Netflix’s documentary about the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, is hanging up her Lucchese boots for dance heels and making her Broadway debut as Roxie Hart in “Chicago.”
“I have never cussed more in my life than these past four weeks,” she said with a giggle.
Though a number of reality stars have taken their turns in the musical’s lead role, Weaver’s casting as a seductress and murderer is a pivot for the former cheerleader, whose Christian faith and unflappable cheeriness have been core to her identity as she has rocketed to fame.
“That’s the one thing I made clear,” Weaver said, sitting outside a coffee shop in Hell’s Kitchen in Manhattan before a rehearsal. “There’s a few times where Roxie said ‘G.D.,’ and I’m like, ‘I can’t say that.’”

Weaver’s decision to leave the squad this year shocked fans of the show, which chronicles the grueling tryouts and training of the beloved cheerleading squad. Weaver, 25, had an injury in Season 3, but she said her exit was unrelated.
“I wanted to leave more on a note of gratitude and feeling so full,” she said, “rather than, like, a time of maybe feeling a little burnt out.”

Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий